Friday, December 6, 2013

Showing Gratitude

I can't believe a month has gone by....so fast!  We have so much to be thankful for and we wanted to try and help the girls understand what it means to be grateful, so I created "Our Thankful Tree".  Every day (or at least, that was the goal) each of us would write on a leaf one thing they were thankful for.  The only rule, was that you couldn't repeat yourself.  It was SO great.  Our tree got so colorful with red, orange, brown, green and purple leaves.  It was full very fast, and we even had a slight breeze with leafs blowing towards the couch.  The girls colored and cut out turkey and put them around the tree as well.  It was fun to read and recognize all the many things, temporal and spiritual that we are have in our lives. 
It was a great activity that we will continue every year.
 Can you believe that I never got a picture of our little tree.  I took a picture the 2nd day some of us had done it - then the other two of Adalyn and I are ALL I can find as it happens to be in the background!  Boohoo....that wasn't very smart on my part.  Oh well - you get a slight idea of how it filled up.  Hopefully I'll remember to take better pictures next year. 

1 comment:

Monica said...

I started one of these trees and my girls didn't want to do leaves after the first day haha it was a very bare tree. Maybe next year will be better.