Ali and Andie had a wonderful year of school and we are so proud of their hard work and dedication to going to school full-time. They both progressed so much - we are so happy they've each had such a great experience so far! Here we are at Ali's moving on ceremony! She did a great job this year - going to Pre-K full-time. Some mornings, it was really hard to wake up at 6:45am to be to school by 7:30 and then ride the bus home at 2:30pm. It was a LONG day - but she was so excited to go and be like Andie. I also found out near the end of the year that Ali was not only eating breakfast at home before school - but she ate it again when she got to school. haha - Love you Al Gal.
She got a certificate of achievement for completeing Pre-K and also "The Happiest Personality!" award. She received quiet a few rewards over the year, including TWO Student of the Month's (Andie was a little jealous of that!) and a certificate for outstanding behavior. We were really, really proud of her for being such a good student and example to those around her.
We found out that she LOVES to create art pieces. Give that girl art supplies and a stapler and you will get something amazing. :) Here is an example of her creations.
I wish this picture could do justice to the '3D' part of this project. It was heavy for a valentine. I also loved the MANY projects that came home with hundreds of staples on them. Honestly, I think Ali probably went through a hole box of staples by herself. (and I'm not exaggerating!)
Here she is with her teacher, Mrs. Converse. Andie also had Mrs.
Converse for Pre-K and we LOVE HER! She was so great with the girls and
really connected with both of them on different levels. They have such
different personalities, that at first I was a little nervous for Ali to have to same teacher, because I didn't want to have the expectation that Ali was going to learn just like Andie.
Mrs. Converse did an excellent job at accommodating to each of their
individual learning curves. Andie and Ali both had a GREAT start to
their education because of her. Thank You Mrs. Converse!
Great Job indeed! Ali! For having a wonderful year! It will be interesting to possibly move back out west and only have half-day Kindergarten - which is really more like 2 1/2 hour Kindergarten! But - I think Ali will LOVE that. If anything, she will miss being able to eat breakfast and lunch at school. :)
Now on to our Kindergartener! Miss Andie! I was really excited for Andie because she progressed so much in Pre-K, I wanted to see if she would continue on that same learning curve...and boy oh boy - did she ever! Here is Andie with her teacher Ms. Smith. It was Ms. Smith's first year and she did a good job. She also had a great connection with Andie and Andie LOVED her. Anytime she saw her teacher, Andie would jump on her and give her a BIG hug, wrapping her legs around her. Andie said, "I just love Ms. Smith and she is skinny for me to give her BIG hugs!" haha - I thought that was so funny.
Andie also had a great assistant teacher, Mrs. Mac! She always gave really nice, thoughtful homework reviews and compliments - Thank you Mrs. Mac.
Andie received the Principal's award in her class for the end of the year. That award was given to "The Best of the Best" students, meaning they were helpful and progressed on every level. Mrs. Haney is retiring this year and that school will miss her. I think she had a very positive influence on the children, and we're grateful for that.
As you can see, Andie raked in the awards, once again for the end of the year. She had perfect attendance during the last quarter! I thought that was cool, I always wanted to get the perfect attendance award, but don't think I ever did. She also got a diploma of completion of Kindergarten. She again, the only one in her class to receive the High Honor Roll, meaning she had all E's all year (exceeds expectation) and finally she got the award for the highest reader in the class, she ended on a 2nd grade reading level. Ms. Smith mentioned that she was debating to give her the high math in class too - but we're glad she found someone else to give it too! Andie gets a little *too excited* because "she is so smart!" We are trying to teach her humility as well. :)
With that being said, and I'll say it again in a positive way - but we are SO PROUD of our daughters for their outstanding behavior and work this year in school. We are glad they are making the best of their education, trying their hardest and succeeding. Hopefully they will continue to do so and have a full and enriched life of learning. My only question is (as we are on our third week of summer break) - When does school start again? ;) Just kidding - I love my girls and I love having them home! They deserve a break!

2 comments:
Way to go girls! Such smarty pants. They do get a long summer break. We're still in school until June 21.
Your girls are so adorable! You should be one proud Mom :)
Post a Comment