We had a wonderful 4th of July! We started out the day at the church with a ward pancake breakfast and small program. They had some fun games and it is always a fun time socializing with everyone.
I'm on and off with holiday's - this year, I told Shawn "I'm not one of those people to go out and buy a new holiday shirt for every 4th of July - so we will probably be the only ones not in red, white and blue!" haha - the next morning of course, I couldn't help it and told everyone to find something. I think we did pretty good for a last minute color theme.
After the breakfast, a group was going to the $1 show. We ended up at the wrong theater, on accident - but it was still $1 Thursday and we were with our friends the Watne's. We watched Despicable Me - which is funny. The girls enjoyed dancing during the end credits.
We had a neighborhood pool party planned, but 20 minutes before it started, it started down pouring. It has been the wettest summer yet! We ended up having a cook out with the Kofoed's and Mildenhall's - always so fun. There was about a 45 minute break from the rain between 7:45 and 8:30 - so we hurried out to do fireworks and sparklers.
The Kofoed's joined us.
One last attempt at a family picture for the day!
I love the 4th of July and I love going to parades. I miss celebrating the 4th in Utah, but definitely love that I could be with my cute little family!
No comments:
Post a Comment