Thursday, September 12, 2013

Youth Conference

Among everything else, with the job offer, having 3 weeks to pack and move - I took a weekend off for youth conference. It was the weekend before my birthday and it was a lot of fun.  The picture below is on my birthday (courtesy of Andie)  My good friend LeAnn and her girls heart attacked my door.  Such love!
Here we are at youth conference.  It was a book of mormon theme and the Stake did such a wonderful job putting it all together.  The youth were divided into tribes, and we all wore our "book of mormon" apparel.   
They had everything decorated.  It really help set the theme and mood up.
Each trip decorated a flag

Here is where Enos did his presentation
Each tribe presented a skit. 

"Samuel the Lamanite"
And then, just as we read of all the wars and contentions in Alma, the tribes when to war here.

Using flour bombs.
Yeah - it was pretty messy!
President White and President Johnson. 
Our wonderful stake presidency. 
Here is our wonderful youth with Sister Morrill and Brother Nixon. 
I was lucky enough to be the chaperone each night and spend it in a host home with 3 of our young women.  I had a blast, and really enjoyed the pranks calls at 12:30am by the girls upstairs.  I sure miss them!

No comments: