{August 26, 2013} Just a few days after Grandma and Grandpa Pratt left, it was finally time for the older girls to go back to school. Our summer felt extra long with getting out May 13th. Andie headed back August 28th and Ali was September 3rd. We sure did enjoy our summer though, but it was time! Here is the Mr. enjoying the back to school BBQ. He spends a lot of time in his stroller!
Tuesday morning, our last day of summer vacation, we decided to have Waffles for breakfast. We were all eating around the table and suddenly Caleb started screaming and getting really mad. He had waffles on his tray, he had milk in his cup. We couldn't figure out what he wanted. Finally, I realized he was getting mad anytime someone was getting a new waffle and putting syrup on it. So, I picked up the syrup and put a little drop on his waffle. He got so excited, kicking his legs - HA! we found what he wanted....to be just like everyone else and get what they were getting. Here is his happy face once he had syrup! Silly boy!
I took Andie and Ali got get a new shirt for school and they got to pick it out. This was Andie's. She told me how she wanted her hair done, which bow to put in it and what colors to make her sign with. What a cutie!
I thought I would take a few pictures of our drive home, to give people an idea of where we live. The red barn looking building is the YMCA. It has only been open for just over a year and is RIGHT across the street from where we live. Fortunately, we get an affordable discount through Shawn's health insurance - so we have a family membership. Caleb, Adalyn and I walk over nearly every day. Adalyn takes a gymnastics and swimming class on Thursday and the girls are involved in a soccer camp on Tuesday's. It's so nice and new and HUGE. Big step up from Bodyplex (although, we do miss the free Friday night date night!)
Pulling into our neighborhood complex. It's landscaped very pretty and kept up.
I had a huge wall in our main living room area and attempted a "collage" of decorations. It works - I just wish there was a window....it's such a dark room!
Ali start Kindergarten (or as they in New England "Kindy-garten") a week after Andie. She attended Kindergarten orientation and got to meet her teacher, color a picture, go on a bus ride and have a snack.
She finally started the day after Labor day and chose a Hello Kitty shirt (surprise, surprise) :)
{September 9, 2013} A week after school started, the girls had school pictures. I never order the insanely priced pictures - but always try to get a good one before school. We were out waiting for the bus and I thought these turned out cute.
I didn't realize that they both had the same hair style. haha. Above, Caleb is once again in his stroller. For a few weeks, everyday when the girls came home, we would sit out side, play and ride bikes. It was so nice to sit out on the front lawn, the girls could ride bikes and not worry about too many cars or crazy people. :) We live in a retirement community and our kids are the only kids around. I personally love that it's quiet and its fun to see our neighbors come sit on the porch and watch the kids play. We have one neighbor, Leigh, who is probably in her upper 80's and she ALWAYS comes out. She loves to play with Caleb's toes and you can really see the memories fill her eyes as she watches the girls ride bikes. Now she is all alone - so, I'm glad we can bring joy to her!
No comments:
Post a Comment