Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Defense

Hello, It's been a long time - I know. Lot's has happened since Adalyn's birthday and here is another attempt to play catch-up. June 11, 2013 was one of the greatest and happiest days of our graduate career. Shawn has his official defense for passing his dissertation. I was able to attend during the presentation - and let me tell you, it was pretty intense.

Some of his classmates had made this sign and put it on his office door. Shawn gave a really good presentation and after the questioning and interrogation from his major professor and committee, I felt worried that we weren't going to pass. I sure was glad I wasn't up for review. It helped me really appreciate all of the WORK Shawn had put in to his school efforts the last 5 years. I hope I never have to go back to school! I don't think I could handle the pressure of writing a thesis or dissertation - and Shawn has done both! In the end - it was such a happy day. The committee closed the door, discussed and then his major professor, Dr. Kilpatrick, opened the door and said, "Congratulations Dr. Broderick!" Those words were sweet music to our ears. The burden of graduate school was instantly lifted and it felt wonderful!  Great Job Shawn - for accomplishing one of your major goals in life!  We are so proud!

1 comment:

Southern Belle said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! I had butterflies for you as I read it.