Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tummy Time

I thought I would share a few video's we've taken recently.  The first one is entertainment from Adalyn and Caleb late one night.  Both of these young'ns have decided they don't need to sleep at night anymore.  Adalyn usually wakes up around 2 or 3 am and is up for 2 to 3 hours.  Caleb, who has slept through the night and/or used to wake up only once during the night, is now waking up 3 times.  I don't think he's been feeling too good.  Adalyn on the other had, must think she lives on the other side of the world.  She doesn't take a nap either.  Oh - I love kids when they are young!  (wink, wink)

Next, Caleb is working on lifting his head during tummy time.  At his 4 month appointment, the Dr. recommended him to a pediatric physical therapist for his head lag.  If you laid him on the floor and then tried to sit him up pulling his arms, his head would hang back and never come forward.  Apparently by this age, they should be able to lift it up and hold it.  We asked a neighbor of ours, who is a physical therapist for some strengthening exercises and this was a major one.  We did it with Caleb twice and he is a pro at lifting his head now - no more lag!  I guess he was just being lazy!  Either way, the pediatric PT still hasn't contacted us for an appointment (one week later) so we're glad Taylor was willing to help out. 
 He has also recently discovered his tongue.  When we pick him up from the crib, his tongue is usually sticking out.  With his pokey ears - he looks quiet cute!

 The girls love playing with him while he's on his tummy.  Ali was evening kind enough to put a pink headband on for him.  He certainly is loved!
Finally, I had to get a video of Andie conducting music.  From a very young age, she has easily found the beat to any song and been able to keep it through clapping, dancing, head bobbing, etc.  Well, for family night last week, she was in charge of conducting the music and whipped out this awesome conducting!  She is so musically talented - I'm excited to see her continue to grow.  I asked her how she learned to conduct so well, she said, "I just know in my head."  Later, she told me that sometimes she looks at the back of the hymn book to see different ways to conduct.  I am continually amazed at how smart this little girls is.  I just love how her wrists snap on each beat.  Too Cute!





1 comment:

Monica said...

Love the videos :) we sang that for FHE last night hehe